Get Legit® - Legal Essentials
Do you need legal protection for your business but you don’t know where to start?
Get Legit® will help to get you started and includes mandatory policies required by UK law.
Intellectual Property clauses
Terms and Conditions for Sales including wording for refunds, returns and cancellations including refunds for digital downloads
This template is suitable for online business owners who provide the majority of their services online.
You are purchasing a template document this does not create a solicitor client relationship and the template is not to be construed as legal advice.Purchase
This bundle includes templates which cover:
3. Refund Policy – including an option for digital downloads
4. Disclaimers - attempting to protect you and your business from legal claims
5. Copyright Policy – options to choose depending on the protection you need for the material and content on your website
6. Cookies Policy – setting out how you use data collected on your site
The bundle also includes drafting guidance notes so that you can make bespoke alterations to suit your business.
How to use Get Legit: Legal Essentials
Following successful purchase of this bundle you will receive a zip file by email which you can download to your device.
Before publishing the templates onto your site, you will need to edit them for your business.
The templates have square brackets where you need to enter your company information or chose an option e.g. to include or delete if these do not apply to your site, these sections have been highlighted for ease of use. By the time your template is ready to upload to your site there should be no square brackets remaining.
You should also read the ‘Drafting Notes’ for each template not only will these help you to consider how to best protect your business but they also highlight some of the key elements and specific wording which reflect statutory requirements. These sections are mandatory and should not be changed.
It is anticipated that you will have reviewed and uploaded your new website policies within 30 minutes to an hour.
If you have any doubts about editing or using this template you should seek professional legal advice.
Why do I need these documents?
There are lots of reasons but here’s three:
1. It’s the law – there are laws which require information disclosures (such as that the name and geographic address along with an electronic contact address are easily and permanently available) In addition, elements which deal with the handling of people’s data (privacy policies and cookies policies) are legal requirements, not just in the UK but internationally.
2. To protect your intellectual property – you’ll no doubt have spent hours upon hours creating your course content and getting your logo and branding just right. You want to protect that and need to have the legal policies in place to do so
3. To set the framework between you and those using your site – you’re responsible for your site and the way people use it, it’s important to set out how the content is to be used to protect yourself from claims but also to protect those using the information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE:
You are purchasing a template document this does not create a solicitor client relationship and the template is not to be construed as legal advice.
On purchase you will be sent a link for a direct download. At the point of purchase, you are confirming your express consent to receiving the download immediately. In agreeing to receive the download at the point of purchase you will lose your right to cancel and your right to a refund.
Should you have any questions about your purchase we will be happy to assist.