We take safeguarding online privacy seriously. Please read the whole of this policy carefully as it sets out what information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use.
From time to time, we may need to change our privacy statement because of changes in our organisation, legislation or in our attempts to serve your needs better. We will use reasonable efforts to publish any changes to our privacy statement.
Lucy Legal is the trading name for Lucy Legal Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12558128. Lucy Legal Limited is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out our regular business activities. We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are registered with the ICO under registration number: ZA843271
Any questions regarding our processing of personal data should be directed to us via email to [email protected]
We are guided by the following principles when processing data:
1. We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it;
2. We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required;
3. We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as emailing you with relevant offers and updates, subject to you having provided consent to the same.
4. We will not use your data for purposed other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within this policy, or with your prior consent;
5. We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
6. We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure;
7. Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information we may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
1. Personal details
2. Family details
3. Lifestyle and social circumstances
4. Financial details
5. Physical or mental health details
6. Racial or ethnic origin
We will collect information from you when:
1. You sign up to our newsletter or mailing list
2. You download an opt-in
3. You purchase a product from our website
4. You join a course or programme
5. You contact us for information via our website or social media channels, by phone or email
6. You post on our social media channels, website or blog
7. You work with us in a commercial capacity
We may use the information collected to:
1. Allow you to process a booking for a product or course
2. Send you our newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
3. Ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer
4. Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to do so
5. Notify you about changes to our service
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
1. You have consented
2. For the performance of a contract
3. For compliance with a legal obligation which we must perform
4. To protect vital interests of your or another person
5. It is in the public interest
6. It is in the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
We collect data for the purposes set out above. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons or minimised and retained.
Any health data collected from you has special protection and is limited to that permissible by law.
THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
In order for us best to support our business functions we work closely with other small businesses, specifically a freelance business support agent and an online business manager. We have contracts and working methods in place so that they are obligated to protect your data in accordance with the GDPR. Any data shared with third party contractors is limited to what is strictly necessary in order for us to perform the day-to-day functions of our business.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing [email protected] or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
WEBSITE ANALYTICS & TARGETED MARKETING
We use website analytics to provide the best user experience and service to you and to evaluate and improve our site. We utilise a third party data analytics service provider, Google Analytics which works with SquareSpace to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across our site.
These third-party data analytics service providers collect this information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. Our service providers may collect the following data about the way you use our site, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
Number of visitors to our site
Pages visited whilst using the site and time spent per page
Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
Source location and details about where users go when they leave the site
Page response times and any download errors
Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
From time to time we may use the information collected about you to present you with targeted advertisements using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and/or Instagram.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on our website at lucylegal.co.uk/privacypolicy
We continually review our privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When it does an amended privacy notice will be placed on our website at lucylegal.co.uk/privacypolicy
Our privacy notice was first published on 23 June 2019 and last updated on 13 January 2021.